Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year


I normally don't make resolutions. I'd rather conjure up a few, "you know you really should..."s. Then I try to work them into my day as painlessly as possible. Change for change sake is not pleasant for most of us, but I do enjoy a great challenge.
My very first change was to get my Sew Old Sew New blog up and running on Fiberluscious. But, life kind of got in my way. I am a caregiver for my mom, who's health has been not so great this past year. If you are a caregiver you know that the task can be daunting at times but also a gift and an honor. So while I attempt to be both a caregiver, a wife, a mom, a shop keeper, a blogger and a woman who would rather sit and embroider 24/7, I promise to do my best to get this change completed. In the meantime, enjoy Sew Old Sew New.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Love Me of Leaf Me Pincushion



This week I've been working on some new pincushions and trying to get my apple pincushion series restocked in my Etsy Shop. The Love Me or Leaf Me is created from some lovely felted wool sweaters I found. I wanted to combine some of my stitching with the centers of my fabric flowers. I really love it. I try to create pincushions I would like to use. I add a lovely pocket of emery in the center of them so they sharpen my pins and needles just by using them. I like little sections to organize my beading needles from my embroidery and stitching needles. I have numerous pincushions around my work areas. I want to create things that really work. Pretty is nice, but workable and useful is icing on the cake!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Pincushion Rings

Pretty in Pink Recycled Wool



















The Black Geometric Pincushion Ring


A Cute Assortment of my other Pincushion Rings
These beauties are not just a pretty trinket. They contain 2 tiny strong magnets that will help hold your pins in the cushion as you walk around and work. They are created from recycled wool sweaters. We have to be kind to our beautiful Mama Earth. All of my rings are adjustable. The ring has a nice bezel to protect your fingers and the ring can be worn by many different sized stitchers. Each ring is different from the last. Keep an eye on my Etsy Shop for more styles and colors.

No comments: