Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Summers End


School is about to begin and its time to start letting go of summer. Today, its over 90 degrees in Wisconsin. Summer's last grasp on us is alive and well. The bees are busy trying to sip up the last of the gardens nectar. My grand daughters can't believe that I am not scared of them, as I explain once again that without our bees, we would be lost. So, to celebrate our pollinators, I created a nice big Beehive Pincushion, complete with a big, fuzzy bee on top! Hope you stop by my shop to see more pictures.

This pincushion is a labor of love. It is created with lots of different 1930's fabrics is sunny, summer yellow and gold.  I add some big, bright flowers to add some warm weather wonder. The big bee on top is felted, hand dyed wool atop a pin. Two pretty flower pins add a bit of sugar on top. 
I don't make many of these as they are time consuming and my old fingers are not fond of the hand sewing. I keep glue to a few dots here and there. Hand sewing adds stability, keeping all the layers in place. I like to create things that are little, lasting pieces of art. That makes me happy!
 
I'd love to reintroduce my Birds and Bees Pin Assortment
These are so cute and they are a celebration of summer. 
They come in a collection of 10 pins in all shapes and sizes. You will find owls, bees, butterflies, lady bugs and even a dragon fly. 
Each assortment comes in a white or clear box, on a little felted pincushion of your choosing. The box comes with a matching bow. They are ready to give for a gift for yourself or someone who loves nature and loves to sew. People like to add them to mood and bulletin boards. I love to get pictures of these pins on their own pincushions.  
I also love my Flower Assortment Pins. They are my favorite of all my sets. The colors are bright and fun. I add them to all my pincushions because they add something special to my creations. 
You can also get them in a Spring, Summer Assortment which includes 8 flowers, a pretty leaf and a butterfly. You can customize your assortment! Order a full color assortment, or pick 2 colors. They come on a felted or a petaled flower. 

 

Of course, there is always the Millefiori Pin Assortment. Millefiori means a thousand flowers! These pins are my most popular assortment. They are just so cheery and fun. Each glass bead in a little work of art. They come in all kinds of shapes; oval, round, square, star, heart and a few shapes that are hard to describe, which makes them all the more artsy.


 

 Here are a few more summer, bee inspired creations you can find in my Etsy shop Fiberluscious.
 
My Counting Pins for Cross Stitch are a big hit.  

I love the little millefiori flowers. I have a few different styles.  You can also find them in hearts, little flowers and even millefiori. I use fine pins that won't leave big holes in your Aida cloth. The petite size and shape of the beads are adorable and lay nice and flat on your canvas. You can mark your canvas or your pattern. I think what works for you is the best way!


My last new late summer bee pincushion is from the Bee Grateful, Bee Beautiful collection of fabrics designed by Deb Strain. Gosh they are beautiful! This one is in black, but your can also find it in cream, gold and cream, or white and black. I'll be sad when Ive used the last of these fabrics. They are loved by a lot of people and I love them too.

Well, enjoy your last bits of summer. For some, I suppose that lasts longer than for others. It will be chilly here soon. The leaves will turn golden and start to fall. I'm so happy that the fall season is so glorious. It makes the end of summer easier to take. 

Hope you don't mind these last thoughts. I work with people from all over the country and all over the world. We are bound by a love of sewing, quilting and creating. I am fortunate to hear little tidbits from the people who come to may shop. We chat about the weather, our kids and grand kids, health challenges and triumphs and our love for our craft. It reminds me that we are not as different as some would make us out to be. We are just trying to make the best of what we have and the beauty we hope to add to the world. Try not to forget that. Elections come and go, but life, love and community goes on.

Jill