Saturday, March 30, 2024

Spring Showers make me want to Sew!

 

 

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but the Midwest is cloudy, wet and the hope of spring is more of a tease right now. What do you do with a cloudy day.... you sew of course!

I'd love to share some of my newest pincushions. The one above features a bird print. I can hardly pass one by without falling in love. With all the spring birds back in town, I just had to celebrate their beautiful songs. If they can chirp through a late spring snow storm, who am I to complain?!

 
I just love all the fun prints available right now. This crochet print is adorable! Its designed by Anita Jeram for Clothworks. Its called "Having a Ball". I just love all the bright colors. I added a big purple button and tied it up with perle cotton. 
 

 

This bright ball of sunshine is full of fun and cheer! Its comes with a pretty butterfly and white flower pin. I keep coming back to this fun group of prints. I love how they mix a traditional quilt pattern and today's trends. This print also comes in navy/aqua and red/pink prints. I'll have to make those up next!

I have a few other goodies to show you. I have some fun scrap baskets and a couple of super functional quilt clip containers. You can get them with our without clips.


 
If you loved the pincushion, you'll really love this basket. It features 2 kitties. You can request your favorite from this collection by Mia Charro. Soooo cute!
 


This is one of my all time favorite prints. Its by Cathe Holden and it is so pretty, soft and is filled with scrappy nostalgia. This items are hard to keep in stock, but as long as I have the fabric, I'll keep making them. 


 
 Here is another print from that same collection! Its so pretty and makes me think of dinner at Grandma's. It also comes in a soft blue print. I can also make a clip container or pincushion. Just ask!



I really think this print is special. I designed my scrap baskets just for big motifs like this pretty swan. Its designed by Lisa Dolson for Dashwood Studio. It looks like the print is metallic gold, but its not. Its simply just a super pretty gold print.

Well, that's it for today. Its going to keep raining this week, so I have lots of plans for more sewing. I'm going to make a baby quilt for my niece's first child. I found this sweet woodland print in earthy rusts, soft peaches and creamy whites. I will share it with you next. 

I rarely make quilts even though I love the process. 

Hope you are getting lots done before it's time to head out to the garden. So many quilters are also great at flowers and veggies. All that beauty and creativity cannot be contained! We just have to do it all!

Be well and talk soon!

Jill


 

 


No comments: