Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sunflower Needle Case

Here is my newest needle case fresh off the sewing machine..




I feel in love with the fabric months ago and have been pondering just the right project. In my stash of buttons, I found the perfect carved wooden sunflower button. I did some patchwork, some sketches and nothing seemed to have that certain feeling I feel when I find the perfect place for a special fabric. It just seems to be at home, like it was meant to be.

I bring my embroidery work with me whenever I think I might find some time to work. I am not a good waiter. Having something fun to do makes the wait go so fast. Having a needle case helps me keep track of all my little sharps. There is nothing worse than leaving behind a prickly pin where it end up in someone's toe. Best keep all little pins safely tucked away and accounted for.

Although ribbons are pretty, I find a simple snap makes access easy.


I also like a lot of little spots to hold my pins and needles when I work. A pocket for a few floss bobbins and I'm off. I have a clear make-up case to carry my scissors, my glasses and a big collection of colors in both perle cotton and embroidery floss. You just never know!


If you would like to purchase this needle case, you can find it in my Etsy Shop, Fiberluscious.



If you would like a custom case, let me know. I'd be happy to work with you. I have lots of fabric and wool choices. Head on over to my Etsy shop and leave me a "convo".

This isn't a hard project. I don't have a pattern available, but its very straight forward and very customizable. Add a bigger pocket, cotton pages in the needle book,or a bigger pincushion. I think even a new sewer can whip up something simple to call their own. For a quilter, the possibilities are endless.

Hope you give this one a try.

6 comments:

Kate said...

It's beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

How beautiful is that!!! I have that same button - just couldn't resist it although I haven't used it yet. LOL

Gayle said...

The button & fabric were meant to be together! What a great combination!

Createology said...

Your needlecase is beautiful. Each detail really enhances the finished creation. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Bev said...

You are SO creative. I love the beautiful things you make. They make my heart happy!

Cheery wave!

Bev

margaret said...

a wonderful needle case and like that you put other things in too